Japan is an enthralling country that combines tradition and modernity, nature and culture, history and innovation. Japan has something for everyone, whether you want a quiet vacation, an exciting journey, or a cultural immersion. Here are some of the best reasons to visit Japan in 2023.
Japan is now open to all travelers
After more than a year of travel restrictions because of the Covid-19 outbreak, Japan is now accessible to all nations and regions. Those entering Japan on or after April 29, 2023, do not need to provide a valid vaccination certificate or a Covid-19 negative test certificate. You can also use the Visit Japan Web app to pre-enter your immigration and customs information. This implies that you will have a stress-free and safe trip to Japan.
Amazing attractions for every season
Japan is a land whose hues and charms vary with the seasons. Spring brings gorgeous cherry blossoms, summer brings lush vegetation and festivals, fall brings fiery leaves and harvests, and winter brings snowy vistas and hot springs. Japan’s natural beauty and seasonal activities will wow you no matter when you come.
Some of the must-see attractions in Japan include:
- Kiyomizu-dera Temple: This historic Kyoto temple is known for its wooden platform, which provides a panoramic view of the city and surrounding mountains. It is particularly lovely during the cherry blossom and fall foliage seasons.
- Otaru Nebuta Museum: This museum in Hokkaido displays the bright and massive lantern floats used in the Otaru Nebuta Festival, one of Japan’s most popular summer celebrations.
- Wakayama Adventure World: This Wakayama Prefecture theme park is home to more than 1,400 species, including giant pandas, polar bears, penguins, and dolphins. There are also different rides and attractions to enjoy.
- Dotonbori: This vibrant Osaka neighborhood is known for its neon-lit signage, street food carts, and entertainment facilities. It is an excellent location for experiencing Osaka’s bustling nightlife and food.
- Magome: This lovely village in Nagano Prefecture is part of the Nakasendo, a historic feudal highway that connected Kyoto and Tokyo. You may observe the classic residences, stores, and teahouses as you wander along the stone-paved streets.
- Yakushima National Park: The old cedar trees, waterfalls, and animals of this UNESCO World Heritage Site in Kagoshima Prefecture are well known. It was also the idea for Hayao Miyazaki’s animated feature, Princess Mononoke.
Rich and diverse culture to explore
Japan has a lengthy and intriguing history that dates back to ancient times and continues to the present day. You may learn about Japanese culture by studying its art, architecture, literature, music, religion, and other elements. You may also experience Japanese hospitality and etiquette through different activities and exchanges.
Some of the ways to explore Japanese culture include:
- Shinrin-yoku: The Japanese practice of forest bathing is immersing oneself in nature and activating your senses. It is considered to provide a variety of health advantages, both physical and mental.
- Contemporary Art Festivals: Throughout the year, Japan conducts a number of art festivals that highlight the works of both local and foreign artists. Setouchi Triennale, Echigo-Tsumari Art Field, Yokohama Triennale, and Aichi Triennale are among the most well-known.
- Sustainable Travel Experiences: Japan has several chances for visitors to assist ecotourism and local communities. Cycling trips, farm stays, forest conservation, cultural exchange programs, and other activities are available.
- Gastronomy: Japan is a foodie’s delight, with a diverse selection of meals reflecting regional uniqueness and seasonal ingredients. Everything from sushi and ramen to kaiseki and wagyu beef is available. You may also enjoy sake, tea ceremonies, street food, and other activities.
These are just some of the top reasons why you should visit Japan this 2023. There are many more things to see and do in this amazing country that will make your trip unforgettable. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your dream vacation to Japan today!